A Tale of Knights!

On Sunday, I made a trade with a friend. This trade was probably much better for him than it was for me. I am now in the possession of a box of bane knights. Unpainted, unassembled bane knights.

What did I trade for this marvelous prize, you ask? What could I have given away for this particular wonder? How about painted, assembled bane knights?

That’s right. I have a problem.

I’ve done this a few times so far, and I’m really hoping that this time it will be just as good as the other two.

Last time I painted these models, I got about 2/3 the way through and just burned out. they are hard to assemble, they are full of detail, and they are pointing and sticking in every direction. They were hard to store, they were bending every way, and while I was painting them I was just burning out. I finished them, as best I could, and then called it a day. 4 years later, I’m ready to try again, I hope. I’ve got an idea of what I want to do with them, and I have a better grasp on color theory (Thanks, Meg!) and I think I can do magnitudes better to them. The pure bronze scheme I had for them just didn’t work at all. The black and bronze I used for the bane thralls works really well. Those same mentioned bane thralls were one of my units I got again and painted up a second time and the first go round was good, but the second is something I am really proud of.
I’m really hoping that this time I can assemble them in a manner that is easier to store, and I can paint them without burning out. Its along shot hope, but I’ve got it.

I’ll keep updating this as the project continues, but with the massive amount I am playing of Heroes 6, it might be a while. I’ll take pictures along the way, as well, and you can see where they stand.

The box of Pewter that will eventually be 10 banes

The box of Pewter that will eventually be 10 banes

Look at these bent lances, from the box!

Look at these bent lances, from the box!

after about 20 minutes of unbending

after about 20 minutes of unbending